Teaching: Modern Database Management and Advance Business Statistics (MBA and EMBA)
Research Interest: Statistical modeling, Data Science, Internet of Things (IoT).
Dr Sima Ahmadpour, presently working as a Senior lecturer in the Graduate School of Business at Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang. She has several years of teaching & research experience & also some executive job experience (IT Specialist at Ministry of Education, visiting lecturer in leading academic institutes. She provides lectures on Modern Database Management and Advance Business Statistics (USM) at GSB.
Sima received her PhD Degree from National Advanced IPv6 (NAv6) center at Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), in 2016. She was honoured with a fellowship award from USM at 2010. Since then, she taught various computer sciences courses (i.e., Cloud Computing, IoT Fundamentals, Database Systems, Discrete Math, Applied Math, Algorithm Design, Internet Engineering, E- Payment, E- Banking, E-commerce system engineering, Performance evaluation, Supply Chain Management, Intelligent Decision Support System, Research Methodology, etc.) in different inter(national) universities to undergraduate as well as graduate students. She has vast professional research experience and supervised several Master theses.
Her research interests are Statistical modeling, Data Science, Internet of Things (IoT).
Briefing and Consultation on how to apply Mathematical modeling and Statistical justifications.
1) Sima Ahmadpour , Zohreh ToghrayeeSemiromi , Tat-Chee Wan, Fariba HematiGazafi, Statistical Analysis of Video Frame Size Distribution Originating from Scalable Video Codec (SVC), Complexity, (Published, Q1, ISI, IF: 2.833).
2) Sima Ahmadpour , Zohreh ToghrayeeSemiromi , Tat-Chee Wan An Extended Discrete Autoregressive Model for Variable Bit Rate Video Traffic Encoded by Scalable Video Codec, International Journal of Communication Systems (Published, IF: 1.099).
3) Sima Ahmadpour , Zohreh ToghrayeeSemiromi , Tat-Chee Wan , Mohammed. M. Kadhum, Characterizing the Long Tail Behavior of SVC video Frame Size Distribution, the International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications (ISSN: 1975-9339). (Published. SCOPUS)
4) Sima Ahmadpour, Ali Khaleghi, Central Trouble Ticketing (CTT) System as a Communication Tool between Stakeholders of Center of Training and learning (CTL), 9th International Conference on Information Management and Engineering (ICIME 2017).
5) Hossein Zeynal, Sima Ahmadpour Cyber-Physical Interdependency In Smart Grid, 2017 Smart Grids Conference (SGC)
6) Sima Ahmadpour, Omar Amer Abouabdalla, Ali abdulqader Bin Salem, and Mahmoud Baklizi, A Survey of Bandwidth Allocation in the Virtual Network, International Journal of Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 2, March 2013.
7) Sima Ahmadpour, Salah Noori Saleh, Omar Amer Abouabdalla, Mahmoud Baklizi, Nibras Abdullah, Scalable Video Coding in Online Video transmissionwith Bandwidth Limitation, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security (IJCSIS),Vol.8 , No.8 , 2010.
8) Mahmoud Baklizi, Nibras Abdullah, Omar Abouabdalla, Sima Ahmadpour, SIP and RSW: A Comparative Evaluation Study, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security (IJCSIS),Vol. 8, No. 8, 2010.
9) Ali Abdulqader Bin Salem, Tat-Chee Wan, Yung-Wey Chong, Adel Nadhem Naeem, Sima Ahmadpour, Nibras Abdullah Faqera, Review of Cross-layer Solutions for Packet Loss, International Journal of Advancements in Computing Technology(IJACT), Volume 5, Number 10, June 2013, doi : 10.4156/ijact.vol5.issue10.11.
10) Mahmoud Baklizi, Nibras Abdullah, Ali Abdulqader Bin Salem, Sima Ahmadpour, Sureswaran Ramadass, Multimedia Video Conference Identities Study, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security (IJCSIS) 2010.
11) Nibras Abdullah, Mahmoud Baklizi, Ola Al-wesabi, Ali Abdulqader, Sureswaran Ramadass, Sima Ahmadpour, Video Delivery based on Multi-Constraint Genetic and Tabu Search Algorithms, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, Vol. 9, No. 2. (February 2011), pp. 136-140 Key: citeulike:10932276.